Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
Sweet and spicy, a delightful gourmet treat!
- 1 cup green and red bell peppers, cut into strips lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup (canned or bottled) jalapeño peppers, rinsed and seeded
- 7 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 (3-ounce) pouches fruit pectin, liquid
- Combine pepper strips, vinegar, water and jalapeños in food processor or
blender. Process until peppers are finely chopped.
- Combine pepper mixture with sugar in saucepan; bring to boil. Boil 5
minutes. Remove from heat and skim top to remove foam. Cool 2 minutes; mix
- Ladle into hot, sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
Place lids on jars; tighten screw bands. Place jars on rack in pot of
simmering water, making sure jars are completely covered by water. Bring to
rolling boil. Boil for 15 minutes; cool.
- Carefully remove jars from water. Check
for proper seal. If lid pushes down, but springs up, jar is improperly
sealed; reprocess immediately.
- Cool. Invert jars a few times, after about 30 minutes of cooling, to
distribute peppers evenly before jelly completely sets.
Yield: 7 (1/2 pint) jars
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
C&H Sugar Company, Inc.