Marinated Artichoke Hearts
These add zest to plain salads and are terrific as a cold hors d'oeuvre.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried, crushed thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Light, fruity olive oil
- Steam or boil artichoke hearts.
- Drain well and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place artichoke hearts into four scalded, half pint jars.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except olive oil, in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
- Pour hot liquid over artichoke hearts.
- Distribute garlic cloves between jars.
- Add enough olive oil to each jar to come up to the jar rim.
- Cap jars and refrigerate artichokes about 1 week before serving. Artichokes will keep about 2 weeks longer.
Yields 4 half pints.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes