Peppered Citrus Olives
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups green olives (mixed sizes, if desired)
- 30 black peppercorns
- 1 lemon
- 6 lemon thyme sprigs or regular thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain the olives and place them in a glass or other nonreactive
- Using a wooden mallet or the back of a wooden spoon, hit the peppercorns
just enough to bruise or barely crack them. Add to the olives.
- Cut the lemon into 12 or 15 pieces, removing the seeds. Add the
lemon to the olives.
- Rub the sprigs of thyme between your hands
over the bowl, dropping some of the leaves onto the olives, then
add the sprigs and the olive oil.
- Turn the olives to coat them with the mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 24
hours, or up to 3 days before serving.
Yield: 2 cups
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes