Persian Sugar-Pickled Garlic
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 heads garlic
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- Separate garlic cloves, but do not peel.
- Place all ingredients in
a large heavy-bottom saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes,
stirring from time to time.
- Reduce heat to moderate and cook 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a large glass or ceramic jar large enough to hold garlic
and the liquid. Tightly seal.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 month before serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes