- 8 (29 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 11 scallions
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 4 canned jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl, and add one-third each
tomatoes, scallions and peppers. Pulse 2 to 3 times until coarsely
- Repeat procedure two more times with remaining tomatoes,
scallions and peppers.
- Combine tomato mixture, vinegar and remaining
ingredients in a large Dutch oven or kettle; bring mixture to a
boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 30
- Pour hot mixture into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch
of headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with
metal lids and screw on bands.
- Process sauce in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Yield: 16 pints