- 3 cups fresh garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel cloves; if large, cut in half lengthwise.
- In a non-reactive
saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to boiling
and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Drop garlic into mixture and
cook, uncovered, over high heat 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Store in tightly covered jar in refrigerator for 3 months or longer.
To make a crisper, slightly spicier garlic pickle, add 1/16
to 1/8 teaspoon alum and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppercorns.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes