Pickled Jalapenos or Habaneros
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds whole jalapeno or habanero peppers
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pickling salt
- 2 1/4 cups 5% cider vinegar
- Wash peppers. Pack tightly into 1-pint jars.
- To each jar add 1 teaspoon
oil, 1/2 teaspoon pickling salt and 1 clove of garlic.
- In 2-quart steel or enamel saucepan, bring water and vinegar to
boil. Ladle boiling liquid over peppers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
Clean rims thoroughly with damp cloth. Cover with new sealing lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes from time water in
canner returns to a boil.
- Remove jars.
- Cool on racks at least 12 hours.
- Check for seal.
Yield: 5 pints
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes