- 4 quarts peppers (Hungarian, banana or others)
- 1 1/2 cups canning salt
- 4 quarts water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Cut 2 small slits in each pepper.
- Dissolve salt in 4 quarts water.
Pour over peppers; let stand 12 to 18 hours in a cool place.
- Drain. Rinse. Drain again with fresh water.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove garlic. Pack peppers into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space.
- Bring pickling liquid to a boil.
- Pour hot liquid over peppers; leaving
1/4-inch head space. Remove air bubbles from jar. Adjust peppers
- Process 1/2 pints or pints for 10 minutes in a boiling water
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes