Pickled Pole Beans
- 30 to 40 fresh, young Kentucky Wonder pole beans
- Red pepper
- Cloves garlic
- Fresh heads dill weed
- Cider vinegar
- Sterilize pint jars and tops and vertical pack beans. To each pint
add 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, 1 or 2 cloves garlic, and 1 head fresh
- For each pint bring to a boil a solution of 1/2 cup cider
vinegar, 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Fill jars of beans
with boiling solution and seal at once, preferably in boiling water
bath for 5 minutes.
- Do not open for at least 3 weeks.
- Serve as an hors d'oeuvre or condiment.
Yield: 10 servings