Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- 24 long hot peppers
- 12 ripe tomatoes
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons mixed pickling spices
- Wash and drain the vegetables.
- Seed and chop the peppers; core and chop the tomatoes.
- Put the vegetables in a kettle with 2 cups vinegar, bring to a boil, and boil
until vegetables are soft.
- Press the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Add the sugar and salt and the spices, tied in a bag, and boil until the sauce
- Add the remaining vinegar continue to boil for about 15 minutes or until the
sauce is the desired consistency.
- Discard the spice bag and seal, boiling-hot into hot jars.
Yield: about 8 pints
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 24, 2001.