Red Pepper Relish
Excellent with meat or vegetables. Especially good on cream cheese as an appetizer
served with crackers.
- 24 sweet red bell peppers, ground (reserve juice)
- 7 medium onions, chopped fine (reserve juice)
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- Drain some, but not all, of juice from peppers.
- Combine peppers, onions with juice and all other ingredients in a pot. Bring
to boil and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Seal at once in jars.
- Process in boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
Yield: 2 quarts