- Sassafras roots
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 3 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons sassafras root bark
- Boil sassafras roots for 30 minutes, then strain.
- Measure 2 cups of the sassafras tea into a large saucepan.
- Add pectin and just barely bring to a boil.
- Add honey and sassafras root bark that has been grated to a fine powder.
- Simmer for 6 minutes.
- Put into sterilized glasses.
- For pints, process in a boiling water
bath for 10 minutes. For half-pints, process in a boiling water
bath for 5 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes