Spicy Cucumber "Pickles"
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seed
- Sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Slice cucumber in quarters lengthwise, then chop into thin pieces.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine next 4 ingredients. Add the
cucumbers. Marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Drain all but about 1 tablespoon of the liquid and put the cucumbers
in small serving dishes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings