Sweet Pepper Pickle Relish
This is summer in a jar! So colorful and so good! You will be proud to give
these jars as gifts. A great condiment for grilled hamburgers.
- 1 pound pickling cucumbers, unpeeled, finely chopped (3 cups)
- 2 medium red bell peppers, finely chopped (2 cups)
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, finely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Celery Seed
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Mustard Seed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix chopped vegetables. Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except cornstarch and water, in 6-quart
saucepot. Bring to boil. Add vegetables; return to boil. Reduce heat to low;
simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl. Stir into vegetable mixture.
Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken, stirring
- Ladle into 3 hot sterilized pint or 6 half-pint canning jars, leaving
1/4-inch headspace. Run thin, non-metallic utensil down inside of jars to
remove air bubbles. Wipe rim of jars clean with damp cloth. Cover jars with
metal lids and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water canner 10 minutes. After processing jars,
remove from water bath canner. Cool at room temperature on towel or rack for
12 to 24 hours. Check for seal.
45 min prep time | 35 min cook time
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes