- 8 cups husked and chopped tomatillos
- 7 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large (nonreactive) preserving
kettle; bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender,
about 20 minutes.
- Press through a food mill or sieve. Return
to kettle. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook at a slow boil
until mixture is thickened, about 40 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars. Adjust lids and process for 15 minutes
in a hot water bath.
Yield: about 2 pints
Posted by tgraddy at Recipe Goldmine May 27, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes