This recipe makes wonderful Holiday gifts!
- 4 cups ripe mango
- 1 cup yellow onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon whole mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup lime, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup white raisins
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mango - hard, ripe, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Place all ingredients in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring
to boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for about 12 hours.
- Again bring to a boil, lower heat, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring
- Remove from heat and immediately pour into hot sterilized
- Vacuum seal (or refrigerate for immediate use).
Yield: 4 1/2 pint jars
Posted by GramCracker at Recipe Goldmine 11/4/2001 8:53 pm