You can also use other summer squash in this recipe.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 red or green bell peppers, skinned and seeded
- 2 quarts crosscut zucchini (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 1/2 cups white or cider vinegar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken up
- Cut onion slices in half.
- Cut peppers into 1/4 x 1 1/2-inch strips.
- Combine zucchini, onions and peppers and sprinkle with salt; cover
with water and let stand 2 hours.
- Drain vegetables; rinse with cold water; drain thoroughly.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and remaining ingredients in a large pot.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add vegetables and return to boil.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Quickly ladle vegetables and liquid into clean, hot jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace;
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Yield: 4 pints
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.