Back Ribs Casserole
- 2 pounds beef or pork back ribs
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and snipped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 to 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (to taste)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut back ribs into serving size pieces. Sprinkle both sides of pieces with seasoned
salt and pepper.
- Mix caraway seed into sauerkraut, then place into a shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Arrange onion slices over sauerkraut.
- Cover with the tomatoes and their juice, cutting any whole tomatoes into pieces.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place back ribs over entire surface; cover.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and continue to cook about 1 more hour.