Beans and Wieners under Cornbread
- 2 (12 ounce) package all-beef wieners
- 4 (16 ounce) cans vegetarian beans
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons hot-pepper sauce
- 2 scallions, including part of the green, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown wieners in skillet. Cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix beans, ketchup, mustard, sugar, molasses and pepper sauce in 13 x 9-inch
- Stir in wieners. (This much can be fixed ahead and refrigerated.)
- Meanwhile, sauté green onion in oil until soft. Set aside.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in green onion with oil.
- Mix eggs and milk in small bowl. Stir into flour mixture until smooth and spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.