Beef with a Cornbread Blanket
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package Jiffy cornbread mix
- Crumble meat and brown in skillet with onion and green pepper. Drain off fat.
- Add soups and mustard. Stir to mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into greased 9-inch square pan.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions and pour over meat mixture spreading evenly to edges of pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until top of cornbread is golden brown. Check for doneness by inserting wooden pick or knife.