Beef with a Cornbread Blanket
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package Jiffy cornbread mix
- Crumble meat and brown in skillet with onion and green pepper. Drain
- Add soups and mustard. Stir to mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into greased 9-inch square pan.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions and pour over
meat mixture spreading evenly to edges of pan.
- Bake for approximately
30 minutes or until top of cornbread is golden brown. Check for
doneness by inserting wooden pick or knife.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.