Beef and Mushroom Casserole
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package risotto mix with garden vegetables
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Prepare risotto mix according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef, mushrooms, bell pepper and garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into small crumbles.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir risotto into beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark