Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 to 6 large bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut tops off bell peppers and remove seeds. Parboil in salted, boiling water
for 4 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Brown meat in skillet with onion. Drain oil.
- Add tomatoes that have been mashed.
- Add Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add rice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Cheddar cheese, stirring until melted and well blended.
- Stuff mixture into peppers.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F about 20 minutes or until hot.
If freezing peppers, do not bake. Wrap individually and place in a large freezer
bag. Thaw well before baking.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.