Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 to 6 large bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut tops off bell peppers and remove seeds. Parboil in salted, boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Brown meat in skillet with onion. Drain oil.
- Add tomatoes that have been mashed.
- Add Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add rice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Cheddar cheese, stirring until melted and well blended.
- Stuff mixture into peppers.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F about 20 minutes or until hot.
If freezing peppers, do not bake. Wrap individually and place in a large freezer bag. Thaw well before baking.