Beef Stew Casserole
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds beef (for stew), cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 1/2 cups thickly sliced carrots
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 to 6 potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup burgundy wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 dried bay leaf, crumbled fine
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine the beef, carrots, onions, potatoes, celery, salt and pepper in a 4 quart, oven-safe casserole or baking dish.
- Stir together the mushroom soup, wine, water and bay leaf. Pour over beef-vegetable mixture. Cover tightly.
- Bake for 5 hours.