Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 pounds round or sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup flour, in zip-style bag
- 1 (16 ounce) package mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place uncooked noodles in a 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Coat strips of steak with flour by putting a few strips at a time in zip-style
bag and shaking well.
- Arrange coated meat on top of noodles.
- Arrange chopped mushrooms evenly over meat.
- Sprinkle the onion, nutmeg, parsley and paprika on top of mushrooms.
- Pour beef broth over entire dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Stir in sour cream, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.