Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 pounds round or sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup flour, in zip-style bag
- 1 (16 ounce) package mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place uncooked noodles in a 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Coat strips of steak with flour by putting a few strips at a time in zip-style
bag and shaking well.
- Arrange coated meat on top of noodles.
- Arrange chopped mushrooms evenly over meat.
- Sprinkle the onion, nutmeg, parsley and paprika on top of mushrooms.
- Pour beef broth over entire dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Stir in sour cream, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.