Beefy Cheesy Casserole
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package egg noodles, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- Brown beef over medium heat. Drain fat.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, honey, salt, pepper, bay leaf and Tabasco. Lower the heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine the cooked noodles with the cream cheese, green onions and sour cream.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan and alternately layer noodle mixture, tomato mixture and grated cheese, ending with the cheese on top.
- Bake covered, in a preheated 350 degrees F oven, for 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
You can freeze this before or after baking.