Burrito Supreme Casserole
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Wrap tortillas securely in aluminum foil; bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes
or until thoroughly heated.
- Combine tomato juice, seasoning mix and oil; stir well, and set aside.
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned, stirring to crumble; drain.
- Stir in beans and 1/2 cup tomato juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce
heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1/4 cup beef mixture and 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese down center of each tortilla.
Roll up tortillas, and place seam side down in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking
- Pour remaining tomato juice mixture over casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until
- Peel and cube avocado; toss with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle avocado, lettuce and tomato over casserole.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.