Cabbage Roll Casserole
Cabbage Roll Casserole provides all the flavor of cabbage rolls without the work of rolling them!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 can water
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- In large frying pan, sear beef in oil for 1 minute. Add onion, seasonings and rice. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add soup and water. Mix well.
- Turn cabbage into greased casserole. Pour meat mixture over cabbage. Do not stir.
- Bake covered for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees F.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / fanfo/