Cabbage Roll Casserole
- 1 large head cabbage
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or meat loaf mix)
- 2 cups
cooked instant or minute rice
- 2 (26 ounce) jars tomato sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chop the cabbage into bite-size chunks.
- In a large frying pan or a Dutch oven, add enough butter to cover the bottom
and then some.
- Fry the cabbage until it is tender, but not too mushy. When done, put in a large
bowl and hold for later in recipe.
- Using the same fry pan or Dutch oven, fry ground beef until cooked.
- In a saucepan, cook rice.
- Mix meat and rice together adding salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and
some of the tomato sauce to moisten the mixture.
- Cover the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with about 1/4 inch tomato sauce,
then layer cabbage, meat and rice mix and tomato sauce until pan's full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This feeds about 6 people or 3 people with days of leftovers.