- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten with 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- Mix ground beef or turkey, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and egg-water mixture.
- Soften cabbage leaves in boiling water.
- Press meat mixture into 6 rolls.
- Place each roll on a leaf. Roll up.
- Place in a Dutch oven, seam side down.
- Pour tomato juice over all. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 1
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.