- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked according to directions
- 1 (3 ounce) can button mushrooms, drained
- 1 can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in butter over medium heat until
- Add ground round, cooking until brown.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a 2 1/2-quart casserole, combine cooked macaroni, ground round mixture, mushrooms,
soup and chopped tomato. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle cheese on top and bake 5 minutes longer, or until
cheese is melted and brown.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.