- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the beef and onion; drain.
- Add water, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese; cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by raindusk at Recipe Goldmine 7/1/02 7:16:11 pm.