Cheesy Mexican Beef Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) Sargento ChefStyle Mild Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add soups and 1/2 soup can of water.
- Line the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with four tortillas, torn into pieces.
- Cover with half of the meat mixture, then half of the chiles and half of the cheese.
- Repeat layering with remaining tortillas, meat mixture, chilies and cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sour cream.
Yield: 8 servings | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 45 min
Recipe credit: Gary and Donna Sharp.
Photo credit: American Dairy Association