- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix (with separate seasoning packet inside)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen sweet corn
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a greased 2-quart casserole, combine the stuffing mix, stuffing seasoning
packet and water. Press evenly into the bottom of the casserole; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and onion over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the chile, 1 cup of the cheese, the corn and olives.
- Spoon over the stuffing in the casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve topped with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and dollops of sour cream, if
Yield: 4 servings