Chili Casserole 2
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (30 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 6 ounces Monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups slightly broken tortilla chips
- Brown beef and onion in skillet.
- Add chili powder, salt and oregano.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes.
- Remove from heat.
- Shred cheese, reserving 1/2 cup for topping.
- Spoon 1/2 of beef mixture into 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with half of cheese; top with half of tortilla chips.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese has melted and mixture is bubbly.
Yield: 8 servings