Chili Cornbread Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn bread muffin mix
- Sliced green onions
- 1 to 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole.
- Prepare Jiffy mixes according to directions on box. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef.
- Add salsa, kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, chili powder and cumin to ground beef
in pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon cornbread mixture into prepared casserole, and spread up around the sides
of the dish.
- Spoon ground beef mixture in center.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle onions and cheese on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes more.