Corned Beef and Cabbage Casserole 2
- 2 pounds chopped cabbage
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, diced
- 1 can Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bread (in cubes)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 slices American cheese
- Cook cabbage in small amount of water 5 to 8 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Arrange alternate layers of cabbage and corned beef in shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Combine soup, evaporated milk, onion, mustard and salt; stir well. Pour over
corned beef and cabbage.
- Toss bread cubes with melted butter; arrange around edge of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Arrange American cheese over center of casserole.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes.