Crescent Taco Ring
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped olives
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cans refrigerated quick crescent dinner rolls
- 2 cup shredded American or Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large skillet or Dutch oven, brown ground beef; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except crescent rolls, cheese and
1 tablespoon cornmeal.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally while preparing
- Separate crescent dough into 8 rectangles; spoke fashion in 12 cup
fluted tube pan, forming crust. Press to seal.
- Sprinkle bottom with 1 tablespoon cornmeal and cheese.
- Spoon ground beef mixture over cheese.
- Cut each remaining crescent rectangle into 4 short strips;
lay across top of filling spoke-fashion. Seal to outer and inner
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Cool upright in pan 10 minutes; invert onto serving plate.