Hamburger-Cream Cheese Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- Brown ground beef and onion in butter; stir in salt, pepper and tomato
sauce. Remove from heat.
- Cook noodles according to directions on package; drain.
- Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onion and
- In a 3-quart casserole spread half the noodles, cover with cheese
mixture; top with remaining noodles.
- Pour ground beef mixture over top.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
This may be frozen.