Indian Corn Casserole
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed, dried red pepper flakes
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Sauté ground beef in skillet in hot oil until no longer pink.
- Add onions, garlic, chili powder and crushed dried red peppers; cook
and stir for 3 to 4 minutes until onions are softened.
- Mix together beef broth and cornstarch until smooth; add to skillet
with tomatoes. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is
- Remove niblets from 2 ears of corn; add to beef mixture.
- Cut remaining 2 ears into 1-inch slices. Add to beef mixture. Simmer,
covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until corn is cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with green peppers.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings