Italian Shells Casserole
- 2 pounds medium-size shells
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 to 3 quarts spaghetti sauce (your own or pre-made)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 24 to 32 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook shells. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef.
- Add salt, pepper and spaghetti sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Spray deep lasagna pan or large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Line with half of the shells.
- Cover shells with half the meat sauce.
- Spread half the sour cream over it and cover with half of both cheeses.
- Repeat for the second layer.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes more.
- Serve hot.