Jalapeno Stuffed Green Peppers
- 6 large green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers, or more to taste
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, or more to taste
- Mild or hot salsa, to taste
- Cut a thin slice from stem side of green peppers. Remove seeds
and membranes. Rinse and cook in boiling water for 5 minutes.
Make sure water covers peppers.
- Brown ground beef; drain if necessary.
- Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer until water cooks down.
- Remove from heat; stir
in jalapeno peppers, rice, 1 1/4 cups cheese and 1/4 cup salsa.
- Stuff peppers, standing upright in an ungreased, glass baking
- Top each pepper with 1 tablespoon salsa.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Top with remaining cheese.