Kids Love It Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) package macaroni shells, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic until
meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni, spinach, eggs, cheese and bread crumbs.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings