Kissin' Cousin Casserole
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Butter a 2-quart casserole.
- Cook noodles; drain and rinse.
- While noodles are cooking combine cheese mixture.
- Brown the meat, drain the fat and add tomato sauce.
- Sauté the onion and pepper in butter and add to the meat.
- Layer half the noodles in casserole then the cheese mixture.
- Put the other half of the noodles over that and top it with the meat mixture.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- While you're waiting you may as well clean up the kitchen.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F until it's heated through.
Source: Aunt Bea's Cookbook