Loaded Barbecue Baked Potato Casserole
Barbecue sauce provides a flavorful addition to this delicious potato casserole that’s made using Old El Paso® green chiles – perfect for dinner.
Prep Time: 25 min | Total Time: 1 hr 20 min | Yield: 10 servings
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen mashed potatoes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 4 ounces (half of 8 ounce package) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (12 ounces)
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 cups shredded barbecue pork or beef
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, stir together mashed potatoes, reserved bacon drippings, the milk, pepper Jack cheese, cream cheese, pepper and 2 cups of the Cheddar cheese.
- Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and chiles until well blended.
- Spoon potato mixture into baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bacon and remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Spoon pork evenly over cheese.
- Drizzle barbecue sauce over pork.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Information 1 Serving Calories 550, Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 17g), Sodium 1230mg Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 2 1/2g), Protein 34g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Betty Crocker Kitchens