Loaded Mashed Potatoes Meat Loaf Casserole
Loaded Mashed Potatoes Meat Loaf Casserole is two of your favorites in one dish.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs or 1 cup crushed Stove Top stuffing
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) package garlic-flavored instant mashed potatoes*
- 1 1/2 cups water*
- 1/2 cup milk*
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
* Or make your own mashed potatoes instead. This would be a great use for leftover mashed potatoes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, bread crumbs, milk, egg, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper then press into a 9-inch square or comparable baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, then remove and drain any excess fat.
- While the meatloaf is cooking prepare mashed potatoes as per package instructions, using 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup milk.
- Spread over the top of the meat loaf, then top with cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the mashed potatoes are slightly crispy.
Yield: 6 servings