Mandarin Cashew Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup celery, cut diagonally
- 1/2 cup green onion, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon 5-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (16 ounce) can chop suey vegetables, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 cup cashew halves
- In a skillet cook beef, celery, green onion, green pepper and garlic;
- Add the water and sesame oil; bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, 5-spice powder, ginger root, soy sauce
and water. Add to beef mixture in skillet; cook until thickened
- Stir in the drained chop suey vegetables; add frozen peas.
- Turn into a 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 375 degrees
F for 1 1/2 hours; uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
- To serve, sprinkle individual servings with chow mein noodles, then
scatter the cashew halves over the top.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Casserole Recipes