- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 16 ounces taco sauce, divided
- 6 corn tortillas, divided
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned, stirring to crumble;
- Add chopped onion, water, chili powder, salt, cumin
and pepper to ground beef. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes, stirring
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in refried beans, and set mixture aside.
- Spread about 1/2 cup taco sauce in a greased 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking
- Arrange 2 tortillas on top of sauce; cover with half of meat
mixture, sour cream, and an additional 1/2 cup taco sauce.
- Arrange 2 additional tortillas on top of sauce; cover with an additional
1/2 cup taco sauce, the remaining meat mixture, and half the cheese.
- Arrange remaining tortillas, taco sauce, and cheese on top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings