This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Pepper Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can Veg-All Mixed Vegetables, drained
- 1 deep-dish pie crust
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare brown sauce base by browning flour in melted butter, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth and Tabasco Sauce. Simmer, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add Veg-All, ground beef and salt to brown sauce. Mix well.
- Pierce deep-dish pie crust with fork in several places and bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Pour meat mixture into pie crust.
- Mix together grated Cheddar cheese, egg and milk. Pour over meat mixture in pie plate.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F or until cheese topping is lightly browned.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings