Meatball Skillet Dinner
- 8 ounces no-yolk egg noodles
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt.
Drain in a colander.
- While noodles are cooking, in a large bowl, combine beef, onion,
bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, and pepper. Shape beef mixture into
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Add meatballs to skillet; cook over medium heat, turning occasionally,
until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon,
place meatballs on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add flour to skillet. Whisk in broth. Cook, whisking constantly,
until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in sour cream.
- Add meatballs and noodles; toss to coat. Cook, stirring, until heated
through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon meatball and noodle mixture onto a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings