Meatball Stroganoff Casserole
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup All Bran cereal
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 packets dry onion soup mix
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream mushroom soup
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine beef, bran cereal, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, pepper,
garlic, and one packet of onion soup mix; mix well. Shape into 18
- Place meatballs on baking sheet, sprayed with non-stick
spray, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove meatballs from
oven, and reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions; do not overcook.
- Drain, place in buttered 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Arrange meatballs on noodles.
- Drain mushrooms and arrange on noodles.
- Combine mushroom soup, remaining packet onion soup mix and yogurt.
Spread over meatballs.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with snipped fresh parsley.
Try substituting beef soup mix for the onion.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.