Meatball Sub Casserole
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a bowl, combine onions, crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add beef
and mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13 x
9 x 2-inch baking dish (all of the bread might not be used).
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and pepper;
spread over bread.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs. Pour over cheese
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Casserole Recipes